POSITION: Secretary – Immigration section
The Secretary shall under the direction and control of the Immigration Attache with the guidance of the Confidential Secretary perform the following duties and responsibilities: –
a) Attending to phone calls and responding to enquiries on all consular functions;
b) Typing letters and reports and dispatching to the respective recipients;
c) Management of correspondence to and from Ministries, Departments and Agencies headquarter, Nairobi via letters and emails.
d) Management of correspondence to and from clients via letters and emails;
e) Management of sectional office files and filing systems;
f) Management and custody of the section’s office supplies e.g stationery and equipment;
g) Management of in-house communication on sectional matters;
h) Managing all mails and parcels going out by diplomatic bag;
i) Compiling East Africa Tourist Visa monthly, quarterly and annual returns and reports on need basis;
1) Formal academic qualifications require a minimum KCSE C/Equivalent GCSE.
2) High grades in English, business, IT or information science may be beneficial.
3) Office or administrative work experience;
4) Any secretarial training
1) Good communication, customer service and relationship-building skills,
2) Organisation and time management skills, Attention to detail, Negotiation skills, Ass
3) Tact, discretion and diplomacy.
4) The ability to be proactive and use your initiative:
5) The ability to use standard software package (like Microsoft Office) and to learn bespoke packages if required.
Other Key Skills
Typewriting, Shorthand (optional), Data Processing, Computer application, Office Practice, Secretarial duties, Commerce and Business English
This position is for a duration of twenty three (23) months, and the successful applicant(s) will be subject to Kenya High Commission Terms and Conditions of Service, as well as applicable UK laws and regulations.
Applicants should submit letter of application indicating post applied for and attach curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, proof of residency and permission to undertake employment in United Kingdom and any other relevant testimonials to:
Kenya High Commission
45 Portland Place,
LONDON W1B IAS
and send scanned copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should reach the Kenya High Commission on or before 18th December, 2020 latest 12:00pm GMT.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview during, which they will be required to produce original academic and professional certificates, proof of residency and permission to undertake employment in United Kingdom.
Successful candidates are expected to start working by 2nd January, 2021.