- Implementing policies and programmes on power system design;
- Participating in formulation of power system design standards and ensure they are adhered to;
- Developing designs for all grid extension projects as per the acceptable standards;
- Verifying and authorising technical reports, designs estimates and drawings;
- Recommending location of proposed distribution networks including primary and secondary feeding substations by preparing description of project works, material schedules and cost estimates;
- Advising the Suppling Chain Management on the required materials as per the approved projects for the year;
- Verifying of wayleaves compensation before approval;
- Compiling and document projects technical reports including Design, Survey, Cartography and Wayleave;
- Ensuring surveys for all REREC grid, substation and mini-grid sites projects are done as per the acceptable standards;
- Ensuring Cartography services for all grid project are done as per the acceptable standards; and
- Ensuring acquisition of wayleaves for all REREC projects.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Bachelors degree Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Registered as a graduate engineer; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form which should be obtained in the Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation website and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 31st December, 2020.