- Overseeing all issues regarding the financing of Corporation activities and advise the management on financial planning strategies and policies;
- Develop and implement sound financial management policies and procedures;
- Plan and coordinate timely preparation of annual Work Plans and budget estimates for the Corporation;
- Develop and manage internal controls and compliance;
- Participate in developing resource mobilization strategies;
- Oversee preparation of the Annual Report and Financial Statements of Accounts in accordance with accounting standards and procedures;Monitor and evaluate funds applications and accountability;
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of a dynamic corporate strategy that is able to deliver services and results as envisioned in the strategic plan; Ensure prudent and optimal utilization of Corporation funds and Assets;
- Provide up to date, accurate and prompt management accounts and reports to the management and the board;
- Providing oversight to the Corporation’s ICT affairs, ensuring that the Corporation has the right and efficient ICT resources to meet its objectives;
- Participating in the development and review of the Institution’s strategic plan; and
- Overseeing operations of ICT and Finance and Accounts departments.
- A minimum period of twelve (12) years relevant work experience five (5) years of which must have been in senior management;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Business management (Finance or Accounting option) or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business management (Finance or Accounting option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Relevant Professional qualification; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA);
- Certificate in leadership course lasting not less than our (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other relevant recognized professional body;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download)and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.