- Serving as the Secretary to the Board Audit Committee;
- Coordinating the developing a comprehensive internal risk based audit strategy and annual plan;
- Developing work programmes to ensure that audits are planned and well managed;
- Preparing Internal Audit systems, procedures and guidelines;
- Reviewing the Internal Audit for approval by the Audit Committee and Board Audit Committee for approval by the Board for implementation;
- Reviewing and coordinating the investigations in the Corporation based on audit findings or as directed by the Board Committee;
- Implementing the annual audit plan through execution of financial, compliance reviews, value for money and performance audit reviews for various Directorates of the Corporation;
- Coordinating the planning and execution of the audits to assess internal controls, operational, technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations;
- Advising senior management on key audit issues and recommendations through exit meetings;
- Ensuring that the internal controls are reviewed and documented on their effectiveness and adequacy;
- Driving operational improvements throughout the Corporation to improve overall efficiencies and enhance internal controls;
- Preparing and submitting audit reports to the Audit Committee of the Board;
- Liaising with the Auditor General Office and ensure follow up on the process of implementation of Internal and external audit recommendations;
- Providing assurance to the Board on the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management framework;
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget of the Internal Audit Directorate;
- Supervising, mentoring, coaching and monitoring performance management of the Directorate; staff; and
- Participate in meetings of Stakeholders, Management and Board as necessary.
- A minimum period of twelve (12) years in relevant work and at least five (5) years in a management role in a comparable and relevant position in public service or public sector;
- Masters degree in any of the following; Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Engineering or their equivalent qualification from a relevant institution;
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or other recognized relevant qualifications;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (K), or ACCA, or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Certified Financial Analysis or its equivalent and either;
- Certified Quality Assessor/Evaluator from the Institute of Internal Auditor
- Certified Process Professional (CPP);
- Membership to a professional body: Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK), Information System Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-Kenya), IEK/EBK;
- Certificate in leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download)and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.