- Developing and updating Renewable Energy Master Plan;
- Providing policy direction and overseeing design, development and implementation of programmes and projects in Renewable Energy;
- Formulating, reviewing and implementing renewable energy policies, strategies and guidelines;
- Resource mobilization for renewable energy projects and activities;
- Providing technical advice and guidance on renewable energy technologies;
- Engaging stakeholders in the promotion of Renewable Energy;
- Promoting renewable energy research and development, innovation and technology transfer;
- Maintaining a data-bank of service providers;
- Managing mediation, negotiations, adjudication and resolution of disputes arising from renewable energy projects and programmes;
- Developing specifications for Renewable Energy Systems;
- Identifying and developing projects for Clean Development Mechanisms;
- Collaborating with Counties and other agencies in promoting the use of Renewable Energy Resources;
- Overseeing performance management and capacity building in the directorate
- Monitoring and evaluating renewable energy projects and activities;
- Overseeing the management and administration of the Directorate’s resources and ensuring prudent utilization; and
- Overseeing preparation of the Directorate’s budget, strategic plan, work plans and procurement plans.
- A minimum period of twelve (12) years’ work experience and at least five (5) years in a relevant senior management role;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: sustainable energy, renewable energy technologies, environmental science, engineering, Management, Entrepreneurship or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: sustainable energy, renewable energy technologies, chemistry, Physics, biochemistry, forestry, agriculture, environmental science, engineering (mechanical, chemical, electrical, energy or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership of relevant professional body;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Demonstrated competence in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download)and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.