- Participate in development and review of relevant policies, standards and guidelines;
- Implementing renewable energy policies and regulations;
- Implementing of codes of practice for renewable energy technologies; coordinating participation in production, distribution and promotion of renewable energy technologies;
- Conducting feasibility studies to assist counties in harnessing of renewable energy resources;
- Collaborating with counties and other agencies in promoting the use of Renewable Energy Resources;
- Resource mobilization for renewable energy projects and activities; Planning, Monitoring and evaluating and coordinating programmes and projects in the Energy Centres;
- Facilitating collaborative research on emerging issues and trends in renewable energy technologies;
- Coordinating preparation of Departmental budget, work plans and procurement plans;
- Coordinating stakeholder engagement in renewable energy activities for the Energy Centres; and
- Setting Departmental performance targets.
- A minimum period of ten (10) years’ relevant work experience and at least four (4) years in a management role in comparable and relevant position;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: sustainable energy, renewable energy technologies, environmental science, engineering, Management, Entrepreneurship or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: sustainable energy, renewable energy technologies, chemistry, Physics, biochemistry, forestry, agriculture, environmental science, engineering (mechanical, chemical, electrical, energy) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership of relevant professional body; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download)and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.