- Formulating, developing and reviewing standards and frameworks for cartography, survey and wayleaves;
- Providing accurate spatial data and information necessary to support effective engineering design of projects;
- Overseeing supervision of contracted surveyors to ensure timely submission of awarded survey, wayleaves and cartography projects services;
- Coordinating Verification of accuracy of presented survey, wayleaves and cartography data from contracted surveyors, to ensure they meet Corporation’s set standards;
- Approving documents to facilitate survey, wayleaves and cartography payments;
- Providing professional advice on Land Issues /Matter from time to time;
- Coordinating Survey and Pegging of lines for contractors when need arises;
- Participating in wayleave acquisition for REREC projects;
- Managing the keeping of survey, wayleaves and cartography records; and spatial databases;
- Ensuring Mapping the assets, projects and other properties; and information for the Corporation Master plan;
- Approving working drawings for design projects;
- Coordinating conversion and uploading of drawings into SAP system;
- Coordinating submission of drawings for completed projects to Kenya Power for commissioning;
- Coordinating mapping of location of proposed transmission and distribution networks including primary and secondary feeding substations along the proposed routes;
- Liaising with other departments of the Corporation on matters pertaining to cartography survey and wayleaves;
- Managing human, financial and material resources assigned to the department;
- Preparing budget and ensure budgetary control for the department;
- Approving payment certificates to facilitate payment to contracted Surveyors for survey, wayleaves and cartography services;
- Forwarding Assessment of Crop/Property Damage incurred during construction of lines for approval and payment;
- Coordinating negotiation on settlement of compensation;
- Resolving Dispute arising from wayleaves issues;
- Ensuring supportive working environment to foster optimum performance; and
- Monitoring department performance and initiate necessary interventions.
- A minimum period of ten (10) years relevant experience four (4) of which must be in management role in comparable and relevant position;
- Masters Degree in any of the following: Land Economics, Survey, Real Estate, cartography, Geospatial Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Photogrammetry, Geographical Information Services, Cartography or its equivalent from any of the related field from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following Land Economics, Survey, Real Estate, cartography Geospatial Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Photogrammetry, Geographical Information Services, Cartography or and other related field from a recognized institution;
- Registered membership to Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK);
- Certificate in management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of the Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download)and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.