As part of its development programme, MESPT is seeking to augment its existing Credit & BD team with a dynamic, results-oriented, and self-driven professional for this position.
Position Reports to: Credit & Business Development Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi
Credit & Business development function focuses on debt facilitation to financial intermediaries (Microfinance Institutions, Savings and Credit Societies, Producer and Marketing Co-operatives). The position will be charged with identification of potential credit clients, gap assessment, design & documentation of critical strengths and weakness to facilitate structured financial interventions, identification of risks & development of practical risk mitigation measures, development of potential business cases, and identification of necessary linkages for business growth.
- Build MESPT Loan portfolio on all products through attracting and recruiting new clients.
- Undertake client assessment and prepare appraisal reports as per prescribed guidelines for credit facilitation and make necessary recommendation to Credit & Business Development Manager.
- Initiate appropriate marketing programs for Credit and Business Development unit for business growth.
- Maintain client credit applications and approvals in the institutional loan management system as per policy and ensure accuracy of data.
- Prepare credit facility offer letters spelling out terms, conditions, and covenants.
- Engage and manage legal service providers on legal documentation and registration of appropriate loan documents for perfection of collateral.
- Manage loan disbursement process as per credit policy and provide adequate feedback to clients on loan status.
- Undertake portfolio management to identify default triggers, loan penalties, portfolio at risk, cases qualifying for legal action and cases that need to be under delinquency management.
- Initiate necessary recovery mechanism as prescribed in the credit policy to mitigate potential loss of capital.
- Provide timely quarterly loan statements to all active clients.
- Track posting and update of loan repayments in collaboration with dedicated finance Officer. Escalate any emerging challenges to line manager.
- Prepare client monitoring schedule for approval by the line manager.
- Undertake monthly desk monitoring and bi-annual site visits, providing monitoring reports.
- Prepare quarterly departmental report in collaboration with other credit team members and share with line manager.
- Take and prepare minutes of the management credit committee.
- Undertake and document bi-annual market scanning in the area of Agricultural Value Chain and green financing and share with line Manager.
- Identify, document, and share with line manager possible innovative ways of improving business processes at Credit and Business Development department.
- Identify and document capacity gaps in financial partners and co-operatives and develop practical recommendations to address the identified gaps.
- Identify and document key budget considerations and proposals to credit manager.
- Any other duty assigned by the line manager
- Degree in Business related field, Economics, Agribusiness, Finance or equivalent
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience in the financial sector with exposure in business and corporate lending.
- Good understanding of key financial drivers and risks for financial institutions.
- Sound Knowledge of flexible financing models and instruments available for sustainable financing.
- Good communication and presentation skills, with outstanding reporting skills.
- Sound financial and analytical skills
- Good negotiation, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and work with minimum supervision
- A team player with the drive to improve performance
- Sound understanding of the current and emerging trends in the financial markets
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, detailed CV with email address, daytime telephone contacts, names, and email contacts of 3 professional referees, with one being their most recent supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference and Job Title in the subject line.
Applicants should indicate their current/last salary in their application letters. Please do not send certificates at this stage.
Deadline for applications is 30th December 2020, 5.00p.m. (East African Time). MESPT is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to Gender Equity and Diversity. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.