- Monitoring expenditures based on approved budgets;
- Ensuring safe custody of Corporation’s financial records and assets;
- Overseeing the accounting of special funds including donor and project funds;
- Managing Corporation cash flows;
- Ensuring security of cheques and cheque books and other accountable documents;
- Maintaining up-to-date books of accounts;
- Overseeing submission of statutory deductions;
- Coordinating the preparation of responses to audit queries and PIC inquiries;
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and reports for the Corporation;
- Ensuring timely preparation, review and Approval of bank reconciliation statements
- Interpreting regulations of the Corporation pertaining to financial control and management;
- Coordinating preparation of budgets and work plans for the section;
- Ensuring provision of accurate, timely and reliable financial information;
- Ensuring timely submission of annual financial statements of accounts;
- Iinterpreting of financial policies for sound accounting principles, practices and control and management of PAYE, VAT and other statutory deductions;
- Verifying Payment vouchers and Staff Imprests in accordance with the laid down Financial procedures, policies and regulations; and
- Review of bank reconciliation statements.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience and at least three (3) in a supervisory role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University or institution;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following: Commerce, Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option), Business Management or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination/ACCA affiliate Exams;
- Membership in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body;
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than our (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrated competence in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Key Competencies and Skills
In addition the candidate should possess the following skills:-
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills; and
- Team player
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 29th December, 2020.