- Initiating the development of policies and strategies to promote the use of renewable energy;
- Developing mechanisms to ensure that the public is informed on the mandate of the Corporation;
- Developing, implementing and reviewing the Corporation’s Advocacy strategy;
- Developing, reviewing and distributing Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials;
- Creating linkages and partnerships with counties and other stakeholders;
- Writing and editing in-house journals, newsletters, corporate and other related publications to enhance public knowledge on rural electrification and renewable energy;
- Coordinating the development of the website content;
- Showcasing innovations undertaken by the Corporation at the Energy;
- Overseeing the implementation of sensitization and advocacy initiatives;
- Monitoring and evaluation of sectional activities; and
- Preparing proposals and compiling reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- A minimum period of eight (8) relevant work experience and at least three (3) years in supervisory role in a position in the public service or private sector;
- Masters degree in Communications, Journalism, Sociology, Social Work, Development Studies, Community development, Business Administration or related fields from a recognized university;
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Sociology, Social Work, Development Studies, Community Development, Business Administration or related fields from a recognized university;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Membership to a relevant professional body in good standing;
- Demonstrated merit in in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
In addition the candidate should possess the following skills:
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills; and
- Team player.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 29th December, 2020.