- Preparing Business Development Strategies for the organization;
- In collaboration with the renewable energy department analyzing and prioritizing the renewable energy projects for financing by Development Partners;
- Coordinating the development of financing proposals for renewable energy projects and other electrification projects;
- Coordinating project preparatory activities for implementation of development partners financed projects;
- Preparing a framework for the establishment of strategic partnerships;
- Establishing and maintaining linkages with strategic partners;
- Appraising financing proposals to the corporation from various stakeholders;
- Preparing procedures to ensure that best business practices are being followed, with particular attention to the development of new and/or improved business streams; and
- Identifying opportunities for new products and ensuring continuous business development.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience, three (3) years’ of which must have been in a supervisory role in the public service or private sector;
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Studies, Management, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economic or a relevant field;
- Masters degree in Engineering, Business Studies, Management, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economic or a relevant field;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated competence in work performance;
- Keen understanding of financial and business markets;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
In addition the candidate should possess the following skills:-
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills; and
- Team player.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 29th December, 2020.