- Developing strategies for the Operation and Management of solar, wind and other renewable energy sources implemented and managed by REREC;
- Ensuring the management of the facilities, generation plants and networks, and installation of substations is undertaken according industry best practices;
- Developing and implementing Directorate plans, policies, norms and procedures in accordance with the REREC Mandate;
- Providing advisory to management on all matters relating to the operation and maintenance of renewable energy projects in operation;
- Coordinating the Operation and Management of renewable energy projects implemented by REREC as per the strategic Plan;
- Planning and managing resource requirements for the Department and monitoring their optimal usage;
- Coordinating the Scheduling and implementation of preventive maintenance and planned maintenance for the renewable energy generation plants and networks;
- Providing daily monitoring reports to the management;
- Providing forecasting report for operating renewable energy sources on daily, weekly and monthly;
- Providing dispatch schedule for renewable energy plants;
- Providing daily, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on renewable energy projects;
- Advising management on all functions related to operation and management of the renewable energy generation plants and networks; and
- Liaising with other departments/sections of the Corporation on specific issues.
- A minimum period of eight (8) years’ work experience three (3) of which must have been in supervisory role;
- Masters degree in any of the following: Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Energy Management, Business Administration or relevant degree from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Civil Engineering, or any other related field from a recognized institution or its equivalent;
- Registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya;
- Certificate in management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download)and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.