- Participating in the development and execution of the audit strategy in relation to information Systems;
- Performing Information Systems Audit in the Corporation as and when requested and drafting suitable audit reports highlighting root causes and key process/control weaknesses, non-compliance with procedures and policies, regulatory requirements etc.;
- Undertaking IS related special audits/investigations/review assignments as assigned by the Manager;
- Supporting in the development and execution of IS and Security Audit Plans;
- Providing Information Systems (IS) Consultancy Services for projects undertaken by the Corporation and ensuring compliance with best practice;
- Providing support to business during acquisition and/or implementation of new systems; and
- Providing support to audit teams in independently extracting and analysing data.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum period of eight (8) years in relevant work experience and at least three (3) years in supervisory role in a position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Masters degree in information Science, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors degree in information Technology, Finance, Computer Science, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Professional qualification in IT security e.g. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA); CIA/CISM/CRISK Certification;
- Membership in a professional body: Information System Audit and Control Association (ISACA), or Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE); Association of Certified Financial Analysis (ACFA), EBK;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated results in work performance.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Good communication skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Interpersonal skills; and
- Team player;
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 29th December, 2020.