- Initiating the development of sound land management policies, systems, regulations, procedures, strategies and programmes;
- Implementing the policies, systems, regulations, procedures, strategies and programmes of sound land management;
- Registering all lands interests within the areas of project implementation by the Corporation;
- Undertaking the assessment of property market values and market rental rates in liaison with the Ministry of Lands;
- Coordinating boundary identification, alignment and marking to secure the Corporation land resources;
- Implementing proper transfers, registration and acquisition of title deeds for all the Corporation’s land resources;
- Custodian of land titles, leases, logbooks, way leave agreement and other registration documents;
- Liaising with the user department on wayleaves for purposes of verification, registration and authorization with the appropriate Authorities;
- Monitoring proper land use for all acquired Corporation’s land.
- Ensuring acquisition and conveyancing of land rights including transfers, lease, easements and licences are undertaken within the prescribed legal framework;
- Liaising with national and County Governments, sectoral agencies, communities and other stakeholders on matters related to land and property issues;
- Establishing and maintaining an inventory for the Corporation’s land resources;
- Liaising with the relevant state agencies and other stakeholders in resolving land and property issues involving the Corporation;
- Advising the Corporation on all land matters that may arise in its operations;
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements on land and other property;
- Preparation of easements for wayleaves acquisition; and
- Providing day to day land and property support to the functional areas covering general compliance queries and reviews;
- A minimum period of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience, three (3) years of which must be in supervisory role;
- Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines; Land Economics, Quantity Survey, Estate Management, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors degree in Land Economics, Quantity Survey, Estate Management, from a recognized Institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional Institution in good standing;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download)and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.