- Advising the Corporation on all legal matters that may arise in its operations;
- Following up on cases filed against the Corporation;
- Preparing of legal reports and opinions;
- Implementing and reviewing legal policies and procedures to ensure that they are in accordance with the existing legislation;
- Managing service providers in legal matters involving the Corporation;
- Implementing legal action on behalf of the Corporation on recovery measures;
- Undertaking legal research;
- Advising the Corporation on the legislation that affect it and changes made thereof;
- Ensuring statutory compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements;
- Providing of day to day legal and regulatory support to the functional areas covering general compliance queries and reviews;
- Liaising with external lawyers on all cases filed against the Corporation to ensure instructions, witnesses and statements are procured on time; and
- Case management including the preparation and filing the appropriate court documents and witnesses.
- Masters degree in Law or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors degree in Law from a recognized University;
- Post graduate diploma from the Kenya school of law;
- A minimum period of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience, three (3) years of which must be in supervisory role;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- A valid Practicing Certificate;
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK);
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.