- Monitoring Quality objectives and applied at all relevant functions and levels within the organization;
- Coordinating regular review of all functions for effective implementation of relevant Management system;
- Monitoring conformity and compliance of all functions as per the relevant Quality management system;
- Following up on Corrective Action Plans (CAP) and reports for management review;
- Coordinating internal quality audits as may be required from time to time as per the relevant standard;
- Preparing audit programs;
- Supporting auditors during Internal Quality Audit process;
- Assisting in preparation of minutes during the management review meetings;
- Following up on non-conformities recorded during internal and external quality audits;
- Evaluating the risk exposures relating to REREC governance, operations, support services and information systems;
- Coordinating implementation of Risk Management framework in the corporation
- Reviewing operational risks registers;
- Reviewing the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls and mitigation measures,
- Considering the operational risks that have been escalated including adequacy of mitigate measures applied;
- Providing advisory services to departments on risk management;
- Ensuring every new project has a risk management plan in place developed during planning period for effective management;
- Updating of corporate risk registers; and
- Preparing reports on risk management for Management and the Board
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory role in comparable and relevant position;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Energy Management, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Statistics, Actuarial sciences, Business Management, Business Administration, sustainable energy, renewable energy technologies, environmental science, Entrepreneurship or related disciplines from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree on any of the following fields: Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Energy Management, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Statistics, Actuarial sciences, Business Management, Business Administration, sustainable energy, renewable energy technologies, environmental science, Entrepreneurship or related disciplines from a recognized institution;
- Certification in any of the following: Certified Public Accountant, Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP), Risk Management Professional, Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), Certified in Quality Management system, or any other relevant qualification;
- Membership to a relevant professional body in good standing such as ICPAK, Engineers Board of Kenya;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Certificate in management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated competence in work performance and results; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Key Competencies and Skills
In addition the candidate should possess the following skills:-
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills; and
- Team player.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 29th December, 2020.