- Developing and reviewing relevant policies on Renewable Energy Research;
- Undertaking in conjunction with the Agency, research, development and dissemination of appropriate renewable energy technologies;
- Researching in conjunction with the agency responsible for forests, the use of fast maturing trees for energy production;
- Initiating in collaboration with other agencies research in Renewable Energy Technologies;
- Coordinating Renewable Energy Research programmes and appraising renewable energy technologies;
- Conducting Renewable Energy Research to support renewable energy technology transfer activities; supporting participation in production, distribution and marketing of renewable energy technologies;
- Participating in the development of specifications for renewable energy technologies, equipment, devices and materials;
- Preparing draft departmental budget, work plan and procurement plans;
- Undertaking staff development, supervision and reporting;
- Developing research proposals; and
- Mentoring and coaching staff.
- A minimum period of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience and at least three (3) years in supervisory role in the public or private sector;
- Masters’ degree in any of the following disciplines: sustainable energy, renewable energy technologies, environmental science, engineering, Management, Entrepreneurship or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: sustainable energy, renewable energy technologies, chemistry, Physics, biochemistry, forestry, agriculture, environmental science, engineering (mechanical, chemical, electrical, energy) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership of relevant professional body; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download)and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.