- Provide technical leadership and guidance on matters pertaining to wayleaves of distribution and transmission lines;
- Formulating standards for wayleaves assessment and damage compensation and ensure they are adhered to;
- Forwarding the acquired wayleaves for projects to Legal Services for verification and authorisation;
- Coordinating initiation process of wayleaves acquisition along distribution networks including primary and secondary feeding;
- Verifying wayleaves compensation proposals before approval;
- Approving projects Wayleaves technical reports;
- Maintaining operational linkages with other sections of the department;
- Liaising with Legal Services Department on Wayleaves issues;
- Liaising with Government Agencies/other stake holders on issues of wayleaves;
- Managing human, financial and material resources assigned to the section;
- Preparing budget and ensure budgetary control for the section;
- Maintaining a supportive working environment to foster optimum performance;
- Monitoring section performance and initiating necessary interventions;
- Coordinating initiation of the process of wayleaves acquisition for REREC projects;
- Coordinating field visits to confirm wayleave status of projects with complaints;
- Coordinating supervision of Contracted surveyors to ensure timely acquisition and submission of wayleave consents for projects;
- Approving assessed submitted wayleave documents;
- Preparing documents to facilitate payment to contracted surveyors;
- Verifying damage incurred during construction of lines for compensation approval;
- Verifying settlements negotiated for appropriate compensation for damages;
- Resolving disputes arising from wayleave issues;
- Coordinating initiation process of Acquisition of Institutional wayleave from Rift Valley Railways, Kenya Railways, Kenya Forest Service and KWS among others; and
- Ensuring proper records way leaves data base.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum period of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory role;
- Bachelors Degree in Land Economics, Survey, Real Estate, cartography or and other related field from a recognized institution;
- Masters Degree in Land Economics, Survey, Real Estate, cartography or its equivalent from any of the related field from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of the Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
In addition the candidate should possess the following skills:
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills; and
- Team player.
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 29th December, 2020.