Reporting to the Commission, the jobholder is responsible for providing leadership to the Committee in fulfilling its duties and responsibilities.
Terms of Service
The chairperson shall be appointed on a part-time basis for a period of three years and shall be eligible for re-appointment for a further term of three years, subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership to the Risk and Audit Commission Committee;
- Setting the agenda of the Committee meetings in consultation with the other members;
- Reporting to the Commission on activities and decisions made by the Risk and Audit Committee;
- Assuring risk management, controls, and governance processes of the Commission;
- Following up on the implementation of recommendations by internal and external auditors;
- Periodically arranging for review of the effectiveness and performance appraisal of the Risk and Audit Committee and the Internal Audit function.
Requirements for Appointment
For an appointment to this role, a candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Possess a minimum of a bachelors’ degree in Commerce (Accounting/ Finance option), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Auditing, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- Have served at senior management level for at least ten (10) years with proven experience;
- Be a member in good standing of a professional body such as ICPAK, IIA, ICPSK, or any relevant professional body;
- Have a good understanding of government operations, financial reporting, and auditing;
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and regulations thereto;
- Have a good understanding of the mandate of the Commission;
- Not be a past or present employee of the Commission, and shall not have served as an employee or agent of a business organization which has carried out any business with the Commission;
- Know audit committee operations;
- Not be a holder of a political office.
Also, the candidate must possess the following core competencies:
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results;
- Leadership skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Problem-solving skills.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances, and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
To be considered, applications should be received no later than Tuesday, 29th December 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification