Reporting to the Deputy Director – Finance and Accounts through the Assistant Director – Finance and Accounts, the job holder is responsible for the maintenance of appropriate accounting systems which include verify and control voucher, ensure receipt of direct credit and prepare monthly expenditure reports to ensure records are accurate and that payments are paid properly and on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing payments through ACCPAC and IFMIS;
- Ledger Accounts reconciliations;
- Preparing supporting schedules and facilitating the preparation of financial reports;
- Accounting for Commission’s finances, assets, revenue, and expenditure in compliance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAPs) and (IPSAS) techniques, Commission’s policy, relevant laws, and regulations;
- Carrying out bank reconciliation;
- Accounting for special and donor funds.
Requirements for Appointment
For an appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Minimum relevant work experience of five (5) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/ Finance Option), Economics, Business Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum Grade C+ or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K);
- Member ICPAK in good standing
- Proficiency in the following accounting software: ERP, IFMIS MS Suite, and other computer applications;
- Relevant professional qualifications;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances, and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
To be considered, applications should be received no later than Tuesday, 29th December 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification