Safaricom is pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for persons who meet the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Business Engagement Manager – Financial Services, the role will be the liaison between business system users and the technical team in as far as creating automated business solutions is concerned. The role holder will also be responsible for gathering, detailing and documenting business requirements in a format that is useful to business end users and technical developers. Propose ways in which the existing processes and systems can be used or changed to meet new business requirements as well as identify internal systems integrations needed to meet business requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out full business requirements discovery that includes interviewing relevant stakeholders and end-users.
- Collect, classify, analyze and document business requirements as per set standards.
- Create high-level solution designs to meet business requirements by exploiting the functionality available in IT systems already in Safaricom, or by filling missing gaps with appropriate new systems, in accordance with enterprise architecture.
- Lead a project team composed of designers and developers to drive the business needs and expectations by ensuring business intent is understood and delivered by IT.
- Collaboratively develop test-driven business requirements and functional specifications with business, technical, and testing team members.
- Participate in technical/functional evaluation of bids for new systems.
- Ensure sensible consensus is reached for all requirements/specifications and help business, IT, and test leads to have the same mutual understanding thereof.
- Generate process documentation that clarifies and validates how the organization utilizes business systems to meet business requirements
- Liaise with other sections/departments in the delivery of services and projects as well as maintain good working relations between the Squad & Tribe team and all stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Business Unit by assisting in the development/reviewing/translating of User Requirement Specifications into a baseline BRD(Business Requirements Document) and building design documents (FDD, SDD).
- Promote proper release planning, guaranteeing adherence to business needs and priorities and consequently, contribute to the reduction of development costs in future.
- Follow a prioritization process that is transparent and understandable for all parties involved.
- Participate in innovation to improve delivered products and services and to explore new technologies and their applications to the enterprise space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Computer Science or Business Information Technology or in a relevant field
- At least 3 years’ work experience as a systems developer/business analyst in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis.
- Professional Experience in Business Analysis (CBAP, IIBA) as well as software development lifecycle is essential, in agile (SAFe, Scrum) and waterfall methodologies.
- Domain experience in financial services, financial technologies will be an added advantage.
- Broad technical expertise combined with business acumen and strong consulting skills.
- Excellent systems analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills along with meeting facilitation skills
- Experience in writing formal Use Cases and other UML tools
- Demonstrated experience in producing requirements that support test-driven development.
- Excellent communication skills – must be able to listen to customers, document requirements quickly & accurately, and review written materials for accuracy. Must also be able to communicate specifications to person’s at all technical levels.
- Proven track record for delivery of large scale, complex projects delivering IT/Telco customer solutions; demonstrable leadership skills and organizational experience.
- Ability to communicate and influence others.
Note to Applicants
As part of our recruitment process, we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to https://www.safaricom.co.ke/careers/ search and Apply. Remember to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Deadline for application: 24th December 2020
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.