Reporting to the Deputy Director – Education and Public Awareness through the Assistant Director, the job holder is responsible for the provision of education and training, and raising public awareness on ethics, good governance, and anti-corruption to impart knowledge, skills, and attitudes targeting audiences in the public, private, civil society, and the general public.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiating the design, development, and implementation of anti-corruption, ethics, and integrity educational programs in public, private, and civil society;
- Designing, developing, and disseminating anti-corruption, ethics and integrity educational and other publicity materials throughout the country;
- Planning, budgeting, and facilitating a range of public outreach programs to ensure achievement of the Departmental strategy;
- Developing work plans and outlines that structure the work of the Department;
- Developing liaison and networks with public and private sector institutions in the promotion of ethics, integrity, and anti-corruption programs;
- Planning and conducting training programs for stakeholders;
- Preparing programs reports, quarterly and annual reports for presentation on the status of the ongoing projects;
- Facilitating the Finance and related Modules in the general governance training at a range of levels in public, private and civil society to ensure inclusion from all the sectors;
- Offering creativity and innovation in the design and production of Commission’s Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials with a focus towards incorporating anti-corruption, ethics, and integrity messages with artistic illustrations;
- Liaising with graphic designers, illustrators, editors, and printers to ensure that the Department’s IEC materials meet the highest standards and expectations;
- Reviewing the Department’s IEC material in consultation with the supervisor and other relevant stakeholders to ensure their effectiveness and efficacy as tools for anti- corruption public education;
- Facilitating the Finance and related Modules within the general capacity building training for public and state officers in line with requirements of performance contracting;
- Preparing periodic activity and program reports for submission to the Commission’s Executive Management through the appropriate reporting channels;
- Developing liaison and networks with media institutions in the promotion of ethics and anti-corruption programs.
For an appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Minimum relevant work experience of five (5) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or it’s equivalent from a recognized university;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) minimum mean grade of C+ or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) or any other equivalent professional qualifications;
- Member of relevant professional body(s);
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances, and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
To be considered, applications should be received no later than Tuesday, 29th December 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification