Reporting to Regional Manager through the Deputy Regional Manager, the jobholder is responsible for the investigation of ethical violations, ethics enforcement, and promotion of good governance in the public sector through law enforcement of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and the Leadership and Integrity Act 2012.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing complaints on breaches of codes of conduct and ethics concerning state and public officers;
- Conducting investigations on breaches and violations of Chapter Six of the Constitution and codes of conduct by state and public officers;
- Compiling investigation reports;
- Recommending appropriate action against state and public officers for breach of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Initiating in House Alternative Dispute Resolution on ethics matters;
- Initiating referrals to Responsible Commissions as provided under the law;
- Undertaking integrity verification under Chapter Six and relevant integrity laws;
- Supporting cases in court;
- Preparing advisories and cautions on ethics and leadership compliance;
- Offering technical advice on Chapter Six, LIA and relevant laws on ethics and integrity;
- Preparing periodic performance reports and correspondence;
Requirements for Appointment
For an appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Minimum relevant work experience of five (5) years, two (2) of which should be in law enforcement or ethics compliance;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration, Law, Governance, Sociology, Audit, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or any other Social Science degree from a recognized university;
- Certificate in any of the following courses will be an added advantage: governance, ethics, and integrity, basic investigations, fraud investigations, or criminal investigations from a recognized institution;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum Grade C+ or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Investigative interviewing skills;
- Knowledge of investigative report writing;
- Relevant postgraduate certification;
- Relevant professional qualifications;
- Analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances, and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
To be considered, applications should be received no later than Tuesday, 29th December 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification