West Kenya Sugar Company the Leading Sugar Company based in Western Kenya wishes to recruit competent and highly skilled Field Assistants for Cane Sourcing and Cane Development in Magut Region and its environs. The Field Assistants will be working in liaison with farmers, field supervisors, and the company to increase cane supply through development and sourcing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities for the Position:
• Organizing for the availability of cane.
• Providing Clean Cane (Free from Trash), Mature Cane for milling.
• Providing Farmer support to all the farmers in their locality.
• Participating in cane census.
• Attending farmers’ field day meetings.
• Following up on requests for the harvesting advances and ensures there is no delayed lifting.
• Providing weekly cane development reports to the supervisor.
• Ensuring all farmers in their areas with cane are contracted by the company.
• Supervising Cane Harvesting in their regions and demonstrates Windrow harvesting to the cane harvesters and the farmer.
• Visiting the fields to verify cane ages and cane availability.
• Immediately reporting any cane poaching of company investment fields.
• Certificate in General Agriculture with over 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Thorough Knowledge of sugarcane Farming.
• Good Communication skills
• Knowledge of the operations of the busy industries.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their CVs and Cover Letters clearly indicating the position to:
HR & Admin. Manager
West Kenya Sugar Company Limited P.O Box 2101-50100
Or email: email@example.com
Preference will be given to applications received by 24th December 2020