Reporting to the Regional Manager through the Deputy Regional Manager, the jobholder is responsible for the analysis of investigation files and preparation of statutory reports with appropriate recommendations for submission to the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Studying and analyzing the policy framework of other relevant Institutions in Kenya and other jurisdictions and sharing the relevant information appropriately;
- Developing concept papers, speeches, reports, presentations, briefs, legal opinions, and other documentation to inform processes and decision making;
- Providing evidence on legal, governance, administrative, policy, and other frameworks;
- Evaluating evidence submitted for determination of its sufficiency and recommending appropriate action to the Director of Public Prosecutions;
- Holding/ watching brief in the prosecution of criminal matters touching on anti-corruption and economic crime cases;
- Conducting investigations on corruption and economic crimes to support the fight against corruption and economic crimes;
- Providing legal advice/ opinions to the Commission as required;
- Preparing applications for investigative warrants;
- Assisting in investigations by identifying gaps/ areas in the investigations files for further dealing by investigators.
Requirements for Appointment
For an appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Minimum post-admission experience of five (5) years;
- Bachelor of Laws from a recognized institution;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum Grade C+ or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate unless exempted.
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances, and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
To be considered, applications should be received no later than Tuesday, 29th December 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification