We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Senior Manager – M-PESA Performance, Strategy & Analytics within New Business Ventures within Financial Services. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Head of Department – M-PESA New Business Ventures, the role holder will develop and manage the M-PESA Strategy and other Financial Services Product strategies to ensure growth and development of revenue and value added services in the business. Provide support for strategic governance processes – a champion to the strategy team. The incumbent will also develop and maintain meaningful business reporting to ensure the achievement of annual performance targets through end-to-end performance management.
- Develop the Division’s agenda by planning divisional strategic forums and tracking the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Deliver a consolidated strategy document for the unit after team deliberations
- Promote the development of strategic objectives and associated performance metrics
- Regularly share a deck of key insights from the key performance indicators tracked per product and segment
- Develop the supporting narrative for interpreting the meaning and significance of the performance information.
- Identify internal and external factors that impact on performance and help inform any judgments and understanding of performance.
- Execute deep analysis of the macro environment within the payments and financial services industry to identify trends, opportunities and threats.
- Execute analysis of emerging technologies and business model innovation.
- Define and analyze new mobile payment/e-commerce focused product opportunities and research the most promising industry segments.
- Conduct market research and provide insights to enable a broad understanding of the payments ecosystem that will enable the refinement of existing products, development of new products and curb competition.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and analysis on data, markets, consumer behavior and trends in the industry
- Establish and maintain competitor knowledge base to support consumer and business strategies through Market Intelligence.
- Steward the development and implementation of insights, research processes and procedures for the business.
- Evaluate market size, competitor accomplishments and make recommendations to assist the business to achieve the set goals
- Relevant undergraduate degree. A Master’s degree is beneficial.
- At least 5 to 7 years working experience in the Financial Services Sector, Mobile money and Telco sector with expert knowledge of payments business models, mobile money business models.
- Work experience in strategy development and execution a must.
- Highly developed communication skills and ability to manage and champion strategy positions up to Executive levels.
- Critical competencies for success
- Demonstrated record of strategies developed and executed.
- Demonstrated record of successful strategic initiatives implemented.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to https://www.safaricom.co.ke/careers/ search and Apply. Remember to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Deadline for application: 24th December 2020