Reporting to Deputy Director – ICT through the Assistant Director – Systems and Innovation, the job holder is responsible for the research, design, development and implementation of new or modified ICT systems and solutions, integrating systems and software, training end-users, analyzing, modifying and debugging source-code and developing system documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software solutions;
- Testing and evaluating new solutions that have been acquired;
- Identifying areas for modification in existing systems and subsequently developing these modifications;
- Writing and implementing efficient code; 25
- Continuous review of existing systems/ applications to determine operational practicality/ areas of improvement;
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts in ensuring projects are delivered properly.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, an officer must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Programming and
- Development, Mathematics, Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or an equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum Grade C+ or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Provide reference of at least three (3) successfully completed projects in which the applicant was the lead/ senior developer using the mentioned technologies;
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies;
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly;
- An analytical mind;
- Ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail and a desire to learn;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Certification in C/ C++/ C#, PL/SQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQLSERVER, MySQL/ MariaDB from a recognized certification body is an added advantage;
- Experience in digital transformation, implementing new software/ tools/ working practices within an organization;
- Knowledge and experience of using Relational Database Management Systems (Oracle, Microsoft SQLSERVER, MySQL/ MariaDB etc);
- Advanced knowledge of Unix/ Linux and Windows Server operating systems;
- Knowledge and experience in Laravel Framework is an added advantage. Applicant to indicate projects successfully completed using this framework if any.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
To be considered, applications should be received no later than Tuesday, 29th December 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification