In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.Reporting to the Digital Engineering Manager for Apps and portals within Digital Engineering (DE), the product designer will be responsible for working with other stake holders such as the product owner and data scientist to provide great user experience to our users across various digital channels.
Product Designer Responsibilities
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product owners, engineers and other stakeholders.
• Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis and, interpret data and qualitative feedback
• Determine information architecture and create sitemaps
• Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
• Facilitate the Safaricom’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
• Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
• Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
• Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
• Portfolio of UX design projects showcasing your process and project achievements.
• Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, Adobe, XD, Figma, InVision, Balsamiq, Zeplin, Framer, and the like is a must.
• Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions.
• A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
• Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and other stakeholders.
• A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
• Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders.
• Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
• Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
• Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
• Experience in illustration and/or animation will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to https://www.safaricom.co.ke/careers/ search and Apply. Remember to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Deadline for Application: 26th December 2020