POSITION: SENIOR REGISTRAR – ANATOMIC PATHOLOGY
Reporting to the Chief Pathology the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing clinical liaison between the laboratory and clinicians concerning the diagnosis an interpretation of patient’s results.
- Evaluation and reporting on specimens submitted to the laboratory and preparation of histology and cytology reports within the specified turnaround time
- Providing clinical insights as required by medical laboratory staff.
- Ensuring timely authorization of laboratory results as necessary.
- Facilitating continuous medical education, Tumor Board, Laboratory Users group and appropriate teaching programs for Laboratory and other hospital staff.
- Participating in and spearhead hospital based research.
- Remaining abreast of new developments in diagnostic pathology.
- Ensuring all standards are met including quality of care, turnaround times, effective communication and quality customer service.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and professional work ethic.
- Advocating for patients and champion continual improvement.
- Ensuring timely provision of attendance to patients needing Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) and Post Mortem.
- Supporting the Head of Department in maintaining the turnaround times and critical value reporting of results within the established laboratory goals
- Conduct Research and Clinical Audit.
- Participate in hospital wide quality, risk and process improvement initiatives. And Represents the laboratory in inter- and/or intradepartmental operation meetings or committees.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Medicine in Anatomic Pathology.
- Valid private practice and annual licenses.
- Advanced competency in diagnostic anatomic pathology.
- Sound reasoning skills enabling both sound scientific judgment and appropriate management decisions.
- Possess professional indemnity.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Good interpersonal relations.
HOW TO APPLY
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 6th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE (via email) applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).