POSITION: SENIOR REGISTRAR – CLINICAL PATHOLOGY
Reporting to the Chief Pathologist the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Evaluation of specimens submitted to the laboratory and preparation of reports for clients on the clinical- pathologic findings of tests done in Chemical Pathology, Microbiology, Haematology and Blood transfusion, Immunology, and Molecular Pathology.
- Telephone consultations with internal and external customers regarding interpretation of laboratory data or other laboratory-related, clinical issues.
- Assisting with the selection, development and validation of new assays offered to clients.
- Active participation in the laboratory Quality Assurance programs.
- Maintenance of personal professional competency and participation in the continued professional development by self-study, attendance at scientific meetings, and participation in internal seminar programs.
- Supporting the Head of Department in maintaining the turnaround times and critical value reporting of tests within the established laboratory goals.
- The specialist will work with consultants within and also in other sections and hospital departments to ensure quality and patient safety as regards laboratory results.
- Customer education, participation in validation studies, and internal training of our technical staff complete the list of activities requested for this position.
- Directly enter reports into the Lab Information Management System.
- Participate in the education of house-staff physicians, faculty physicians, nursing personnel, laboratory personnel, technologists, and others regarding:
- Appropriate use of laboratory tests
- Interpretation of laboratory results
- Use of laboratory tests in disease prognostication and management
- Limitation of laboratory tests
- Conduct Research and Clinical Audit.
- Participate in hospital wide quality, risk and process improvement initiatives. And Represents the laboratory in inter- and/or intradepartmental operation meetings or committees.
- Conducts regular ward rounds on his own and/or as a team to formulate a multi-disciplinary treatment plan.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures on his/her patients within the range of the specialty
- Perform any other duties that may be delegated by the head of Department.
- This role also includes on phone consultations during off hours.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master of Medicine in Clinical Pathology.
- Valid private practice and annual licenses.
- Advanced competency in diagnostic clinical pathology.
- Sound reasoning skills enabling both sound scientific judgment and appropriate management decisions.
- Possess professional indemnity.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Good interpersonal relations.
HOW TO APPLY
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 6th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE (via email) applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).