POSITION: SENIOR REGISTRAR – RADIOLOGY
Reporting to Team Leader – Radiologist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting of imaging studies in communication with the clinical teams. These studies include general radiography, ultrasound, mammography, cross-sectional imaging and fluoroscopy. Additional expertise in basic imaging-guided interventional procedures would be an added advantage.
- Continuous supervision and education of imaging technologists in the department to ensure good customer experiences, economical use of imaging equipment/consumables and excellent diagnostic image quality in all modalities.
- Active member of the multidisciplinary health care team and contribute to the continuing professional development programs in the hospital.
- Development and review of imaging pathways and protocols in the various imaging modalities in line with departmental quality improvement.
- Observing all the standard operating procedures within the department. These include communication of critical findings within agreed time limits and adhering to laid out expected report turnaround times.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and professional work ethic.
- Carrying out on the job training and mentorship of senior registrars in the specialist recognition program as well as instruction of radiology residents on external rotation within the hospital.
- Enhance evidence-based practice in the department. Participate in and spearhead hospital-based research activities.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Masters of Medicine in Radiology from a CUE (Commission for University Education) recognized institution
- Valid registration and annual practice licenses
- Sound diagnostic skills
- Proficiency in I.T. with regards to PACS/RIS and remote reporting access
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Certification in BLS
HOW TO APPLY
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 6th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE (via email) applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).