Internal Control & Risk Officer
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Job Location: Nyeri
- To review all internal processes, procedures, systems and policies and make recommendations to optimize operational efficiency ensure the risk to the business is minimized with a view to delivering improvements by advising and coaching.
- Develop and implement ant-fraud programs designed to detect, prevent and eliminate fraud.
- Responsible for implementing, directing and overseeing the auditing and compliance programs.
- Serves as liaison for all external audit and regulatory agencies.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and update the company finance and operation’s policies and procedures in liaison with HODs and ensure their implementation and evaluate compliance and propose any modifications as needed.
- Reviews and appraises the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of standard operating procedures and controls and ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
- Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard organization assets.
- Conduct risk assessment of all departments and develop a corporate and departmental risk registers
- Plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan
- Report risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified to the leadership team and provide recommendations for improving the organization’s operations.
- Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and ensure adoptions of the industry’s best practice
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved.
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures and ensure the organization’s readiness in case of business interruption
- Evaluate regulatory compliance program
- Provides support to the company’s anti-fraud programs.
Experience and Attributes:
- Educated to degree level in a business-related field or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, auditing or Business Management in an FMCG in a manufacturing industry.
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to address issues and effect change
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all times
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable approach to shift patterns and hours of work, ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- Excellent commercial and financial awareness
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and resilient character with the ability to manage expectations
- Ability to work independently
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the required criteria, follow the link below for application