DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES – IMARISHA AFYA YA MAMA NA MTOTO PROGRAM
POSITION: Program Administrator, Job Group CPSB 09 (1 Post)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 38,270 x 1,470 – 39,740 x 1,520 – 41,260x 1,710 – 42,970 x 1,920 – 44,890 x 2,000 – 46,890 x 2,110 – 49,000 x 2,170 – 51,170 p.m.
Terms of Service: One (1) year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The program administrator will report to the Program Manager. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
• Supervise registration of mothers into the program Management Information System;
• Develop and maintain program Management Information System installation and configuration procedures;
• Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration;
• Verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes;
• Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
• Perform regular security monitoring of the system;
• Create, change, and delete user accounts as per requests;
• Coordinate and communicate with impacted departments;
• Train new system users and update user manuals as per system tasks; and
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support monitoring, evaluation, and capacity planning.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Have Bachelor’s degree in Health Records Management, Information Technology or its equivalent from a University recognized in Kenya;
• At least three (3) years working experience with a health or program management information system; and
• Have a Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution.
• Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
• County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
• In line with the County Government (Amendment) Act, 2020, Section 68A Persons Living with Disabilities and Persons who do not belong to the dominant Community within the County are encouraged to apply.
• Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
• Successfully selected candidates will be required to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) AKA DCI before appointment.
How to Apply
Applicants should click on “Our Job Offers” Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke , fill the application form and submit ONLINE on or before 21st January, 2021 at 11.59 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY