Position: Head of Operations & Maintenance
Reporting to: Chief Technology Information Officer
Business Unit: Technology Division
The jobholder will be responsible for designing policies, overseeing customer service and implementing technology strategies. She/he will be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the business and be committed to productivity and compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and Maintain annual operating and capital budgets (Opex and Capex) for operations and maintenance department.
- Procure vendors cost effectively in collaboration with procurement department.
- Drive timely maintenance of the company’s network to ensure availability of network to the company customers
- Provide high quality service based on the SLA agreements and performance standards
- Respond timely to network disruptions that cause a loss of coverage to determine potential causes of network outages and make the necessary repairs.
- Operationalize the strategic operation and maintenance of the company’s telecommunications networks to maximize coverage and service delivery to all customers.
- Monitor performance of the company’s telecommunications network through the company’s NOC office to determine any network outages and to take immediate remedial action.
- Manage the operation and maintenance inventory to ensure company property is accurately recorded.
- Manage the operations of regional technical teams in outlying areas and ensure that service levels in these areas are maintained at acceptable levels.
- Prevent network degradation through the scheduling of routine network maintenance.
- Manage the monitoring of submarine networks that form part of the East Africa Submarine System and report all problems to the relevant authorities to initiate repairs.
- Analyze repeat network outages and make recommendations additions, removals or modifications to the network to ensure the reduction of future network outages.
- Validate all tender documents including RFIs and RFQs related to network operation and maintenance.
- Manage the operations and maintenance team outputs and the performance of individual team members.
- Ensure effective communication to all employees with regards to operations and maintenance of the network environment.
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- Master’s degree in Business or IT
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management or Telecommunications.
- Must have Professional registration with Engineering Council
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the telecommunication/technology industry and 5 years in management of operations and maintenance
- Experience in business process analysis and redesign.
- Experience in network operation and maintenance process.
Here are the skills we are looking for:
- Business principles and techniques of administration, organization and management.
- In-depth understanding of the business issues that affect the telecommunications industry.
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications network operation and maintenance (mobile and landline) methods and procedures, as well as computer software systems associated with such networks.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements that relate to the telecommunications environment in general and a telecommunications network operations and maintenance in particular.
- Extensive knowledge of equipment and software characteristics of various telecommunications networks and their integration capabilities
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 15th January 2021 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.