Position: Head of Revenue Assurance
Reporting to: Chief Finance Officer
Business Unit: Finance
The jobholder will be responsible for Overseeing Fraud management, Cost and Revenue Assurance within Telkom ensuring that the organization maximizes expected revenue and minimizes business costs. The head of Revenue Assurance is the leader and subject matter expert and responsible for establishing best practices in fraud management and revenue Assurance. He/she will provide assurance to senior management that effective prevention, detection and corrective plans and processes are in place to protect revenue and prevent fraud.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a Revenue Assurance and Fraud Roadmap identifying strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities.
- Assess fraud and revenue leakage risks and develop systems/processes/other actions to mitigate such risks
- Develop and implement a Revenue Assurance and Fraud management Strategy setting clear goals and objectives to achieve set strategy.
- Evaluate current Key Result Areas (KRAS) and Key Performance Indicators Systems (KPIS) to measure efficiency.
- Lead assurance status updates for management.
- Define and maintain RA success criteria for the team operations. Oversee all Revenue assurance team operations, ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget
- Manage budget and service delivery SLAs
- Continuously review the operating environment to identify new and emerging risks and advise the organization on the various means to mitigate the identified risks
- Continuously monitor compliance to approved product & services business rules, policies and procedures and guide the respective business functions to implement actions to address areas of non-compliance
- Participate in the hiring training and retaining of Revenue Assurance team members and effectively manage the RA team and take charge of their performance and development.
- Maintain awareness of market and industry trends in fraud and revenue assurance techniques.
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Economics, Commerce or other business field.
- Professional certification in Auditing, Accounting, Risk Management or Information Systems Audit.
- Master’s Degree in Business is an added advantage.
- At least 9 years’ experience in Assurance, Risk Management, and Business process Improvement or other related areas.
- At least 5 years in senior management.
Here are the skills we are looking for
- In-depth understanding of the business issues that affect the telecommunications industry.
- Capability to accumulate, summarize and interpret significant amounts of data and information from business units, support units and assurance units and distill it to the key points that help Senior Management analyze risk in a given situation.
- Have strong business acumen and highly developed commercial experience with experience in strategic decision making
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills aligned to strong team leadership competencies.
- Extensive knowledge of equipment and software characteristics of various telecommunications networks and their integration capabilities.
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications network operation and maintenance (mobile and landline) methods and procedures, as well as computer software systems associated with such networks.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements that relate to the telecommunications environment in general and a telecommunications network operations and maintenance in particular.
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 8th January 2021 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.