Position: Head of Service Platforms
Reporting to: Chief Technology & Information Officer
Business Unit: Technology Division
The job holder will be responsible for leading and directing the Planning, Implementation, Operation and Maintenance of customer-facing service delivery and enabler platforms such as the intelligent network (IN), online charging systems (OCS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Pre-Paid Calling Cards (PCC) and Mobile Financial Services (MFS). Furthermore, this role is responsible for all Value Added Services (VAS) including voicemail services, WAP services, caller ring back tones, over-the-air systems, pay for me systems, toll-free number and virtual private branch exchanges (VPBX).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement annual operating and capital budgets (Opex and Capex) for Service Platforms.
- Oversee the utilization of the allocated budget in sub-departments to ensure responsible utilization of resources.
- Institute good project governance to remain within allocated budget when executing projects
- Collaborate with Supply Chain function to ensure optimal vendor sourcing and contract management
- Research and implement best practise and innovative procedures and processes to improve customer experience
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to obtain information about the customers, market demand and obstacles in service delivery and platforms
- Oversee the delivery of high quality service to clients in compliance with the SLA agreements and performance standards
- Respond timeously to service and platform disruptions that may cause a lack of services to determine potential causes of network outages.
- Oversee the project management of all projects undertaken by third party contractors in respect of service platforms and ensure that KPIs are adhered to.
- Monitor performance of the platforms through service monitoring and available statistics to determine means in which the service platforms may be upgraded or expanded to improve service and availability.
- Oversee the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives for the service platforms.
- Manage the strategic expansion of the company’s service platforms to maximise quantity and quality of services to customers.
- Manage availability of service platforms to facilitate sales and distribution processes.
- Anticipate & forecast future service platform developments and prepare for new product requirements.
- Implement procedures for server and subscriber migrations on service platforms to ensure smooth transition.
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Telecommunications.
- Post graduate qualification in Engineering or Business Management
- Must have Professional registration with Engineering Council
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in the telecommunication/technology industry and 5 years in management of Service platforms &VAS
- Experience in business process analysis and redesign.
- Experience in network operation and maintenance process.
These are the skills we are looking for
- Business acumen to plan and control expenses effectively and efficiently
- Driving implementation of best practice and continuous improvement initiatives to stay abreast of the developments in the industry
- Technological astuteness to oversee the service delivery and enablement of relevant platforms.
- In-depth understanding of the business issues that affect the telecommunications industry.
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications VAS methods and procedures, as well as computer software systems associated with such networks.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements that relate to the telecommunications environment in general, Mobile Financial Services and a telecommunications network operations and maintenance in particular.
- Extensive knowledge of equipment and software characteristics of various telecommunications networks and their integration capabilities.
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 8th January 2021 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.
Categories: JOB Vacancies