SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
Position: ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – GRADE 14
The University of Embu (UoEm) is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Associate Professor in their School Of Business And Economics in Procurement and Supplies Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants must be holders of an earned PhD degree in the relevant area of specialty. In addition, applicants must:
- Have at least eight (8) years of University teaching experience, three (3) of which as full time Senior Lecturer;
- Have at least 48 publication points, 32 of which are from articles in refereed scholarly journals since being appointed Senior Lecturer;
- Have successfully supervised to completion at least five (5) Masters and one (1) PhD student since being appointed Senior Lecturer;
- Show evidence of successfully securing at least two (2) research grants since being appointed Senior Lecturer;
- Show evidence of attendance and contribution at learned conferences, seminars or workshops;
- Show evidence of active participation/leadership in departmental and University activities; and
- Show evidence of continued research.
How to apply:
- Visit the University of Embu website; www.embuni.ac.ke select the Job Application Portal and fill in your details as guided; and
- Submit one (1) hard copy application package (with job reference number clearly marked on the envelope) with the following;
- Application letter
- Detailed curriculum vitae (signed on all pages) with names of three (3) referees who are well known you.
- Copies of certified academic and professional certificates
- A copy of the National ID card
- A copy of the current payslip (if any)
- Other relevant testimonials
Note: Applicants who do not submit one (1) hard copy of the application package will not be considered.
Applicants should notify the three (3) referees to send their recommendation letters directly to the undersigned in a sealed envelope before the deadline.
The Application Package (hard and soft copy) should reach the undersigned not later than 5.00 pm on Friday, 8th January 2021.
The Vice-Chancellor, University of Embu,
P.O. Box 6-60100, Embu, Kenya.
- Only qualified and shortlisted applicants will be contacted;
- Persons with disability are encouraged to apply; and
- University of Embu does not levy any fees for job application
University of Embu is an equal opportunity employer