Position: MOODLE PROGRAMMING SPECIALIST
The University of Embu (UoEm) is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of Moodle Programming Specialist
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants for this position must be holders of Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution. In addition, the applicant must have a minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience and knowledge in:
- Developing course modules and content administration
- jQuery AJAX
- Performing system maintenance (version upgrades, plugin installations) to ensure optimal performance
- Developing and/or customizing Moodle plug-ins to user and University requirements
- Moodle Site, Database and Moodle server administration
- Optimizing code and queries; methodical, organized and structured approach to writing code and problem solving
- Developing custom modules for the platform
- Performing cron jobs for backup and restoration
Moodle course creator and platform management certification will be an added advantage.
How to apply:
- Visit the University of Embu website; www.embuni.ac.ke select the Job Application Portal and fill in your details as guided; and
- Submit one (1) hard copy application package (with job reference number clearly marked on the envelope) with the following;
- Application letter
- Detailed curriculum vitae (signed on all pages) with names of three (3) referees who are well known you.
- Copies of certified academic and professional certificates
- A copy of the National ID card
- A copy of the current payslip (if any)
- Other relevant testimonials
Note: Applicants who do not submit one (1) hard copy of the application package will not be considered.
Applicants should notify the three (3) referees to send their recommendation letters directly to the undersigned in a sealed envelope before the deadline.
The Application Package (hard and soft copy) should reach the undersigned not later than 5.00 pm on Friday, 8th January 2021.
The Vice-Chancellor, University of Embu,
P.O. Box 6-60100, Embu, Kenya.
- Only qualified and shortlisted applicants will be contacted;
- Persons with disability are encouraged to apply; and
- University of Embu does not levy any fees for job application
University of Embu is an equal opportunity employer