Position: Project Officer – WASH
Location: Baringo – Kenya
Application Deadline: 15th January 2021
Technically to Program Manager and administratively to County Coordinator – Baringo
The role is for providing operational support and leadership in the day to day implementation of a Water, Sanitation and Hygiene project to promote the use of technology and modern approaches in WASH to improve sustainability of community water points and access to safe and clean water by vulnerable population. This project will pilot the use of cash, market based interventions in WASH for one year, and its success will determine another phase of cascading.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and project implementation:
- Ensure timely implementation of the day to day activities of the project as per the project log frame, ghant chart and budget.
- Provide mentoring and coaching including on-job learning to KRCS volunteers to ensure coherent and coordinated quality implementation.
- Work in close consultation with the County Coordinator, Regional Program teams including MEAL and the HQ program manager as necessary.
- Ensure project risk matrix analysis is observed through the project implementation
- Carry out beneficiary targeting, mobilization, and registration in line with community based targeting approaches and register beneficiaries using KRCS approved data collection platforms like RedRose platform.
- Carry out required verification and validation of cash transfer beneficiaries
- Follow up on the project progress, document and share timely periodic project progress reports.
- Conduct field monitoring of project activities as well as support evaluation activities.
- Implement community engagement initiatives including timely response to complaints and feedback to ensure active participation of the local communities.
- Contribute to development of case studies, best practices for learning and sharing of key findings and recommendations within the Movement as well as with external stakeholders.
- Ensure smooth coordination of KRCS activities with relevant Government Ministries (Ministry of Water and Ministry of Health)/Authorities including local leaders and communities as well as other NGOs.
- Participate in regular and periodic project meetings.
- Higher diploma in WASH and related disciplines. University degree is an added advantage.
- Certificate in RCRC movement training in cash and voucher assistance/CTP is added advantage.
- A good understanding of community work and effective project management.
- Good understanding of WAH hardware services
- Significant understanding of operational realities of cash and vouchers assistance programming.
- A good understanding of the County Government structures.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft applications especially word, excel and power point.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 15th January 2021;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.