Position: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) – KCT “02”: ONE POST – V/NO. 1/2020
Organisation: Kitui County Textile Centre (KICOTEC)
Location: Kitui County
Application Deadline: 27th January 2021
Remuneration and Terms of Service
Salary Scale: KES. 132,000 – 195,410 P.M.
House Allowance: KES. 52,000 P.M.
Commuter Allowance: KES. 20, 000 P.M.
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Terms of Service: Three (3) years renewable contract
About the Organisation
Kitui County Textile Centre (KICOTEC) is a County Corporation established under the Kitui County Corporation Act, 2019.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the overall management, administration and supervision of the Corporation’s activities and programmes; fiscal and financial oversight; policy and planning; managing work planning activities and growth of the Corporation; liaising with strategic buyers, vendors, government agencies and all other institutions.
Duties and responsibilities
The candidate will be required to:
- Provide visionary leadership and direction to the Corporation and ensure that the Corporation’s mandate and policies are implemented fully and effectively in line with the strategic plan;
- Develop and recommend to the Board the long-term strategy, business plans, and annual operating budgets;
- Establish proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures;
- Identify and secure sustainable revenue generating streams through domestic and international market development;
- Identify value adding marketing services that the Corporation can provide;
- Ensure the Corporation is self-sustainable and independently become an income generation entity;
- Coordinate and prepare business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Board;
- Ensure that there is effective communication within the corporation;
- Ensure continuous improvements in the quality and value of products provided by the corporation;
- Ensure continuous achievement of the Corporation’s financial, operating goals and objectives;
- Maintain a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees;
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship;
- Ensure compliance with the national, regional and international laws as may be applicable;
- Take custody of all the Corporation’s assets and property;
- The Board of Directors may from time to time assign under the establishing legislation or any other functions as.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
For appointment to this grade, a person:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Must have at least ten (10) years’ relevant post qualification working experience, five (5) of which should have been in Senior Management position in public or private sector;
- Must be a Member of a Professional Body and in good standing;
- A relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage;
- Having worked in a similar manufacturing industry would be an added advantage
Applicants will be required to satisfy all the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and avail clearances from the following institutions:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 27th January 2021 at KICOTEC Offices, Along Syongila Road and addressed to:
Kitui County Textile Centre
(KICOTEC) Board of Directors
P.O Box 72-90200 KITUI
Through the following email address email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
KICOTEC is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.