Position: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER – KCT “03”: ONE POST – V/NO. 4/2020
Organisation: Kitui County Textile Centre (KICOTEC)
Location: Kitui County
Application Deadline: 27th January 2021
Remuneration and Terms of Service
Salary Scale: KES. 85,110 – 119,730 P.M.
House Allowance: KES. 21,000 P.M.
Commuter Allowance: KES. 12,000 P.M.
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Terms of Service: Three (3) years renewable contract
About the Organisation
Kitui County Textile Centre (KICOTEC) is a County Corporation established under the Kitui County Corporation Act, 2019.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Human Resource Manager will be responsible for the general administration of all human resource related matters. Specific duties will entail:
- Coordinating human resource services in such areas as appointment, staff promotions, payroll management, discipline, pensions, establishment and complement control, staff separation;
- Representing the Corporation on Human Resource matters;
- Analyzing the staffing levels and making proposals for succession planning;
- Analyzing utilization of human resources and advising on proper deployment;
- Analyzing staff progression and making proposals for career development;
- Ensuring the correct interpretation and implementation of human resource management and development regulations, Labour laws and other statutes;
- Managing the human resource information system;
- Preparing and compiling reports on the implementation of Performance Management systems;
- Developing training projections and plans;
- Organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating training programmes including staff induction;
- Ensuring existence of cordial labour relations;
- Taking custody of human resource management and development records;
- Undertaking training needs assessment.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
For appointment to this position, a person should:
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Human Resource Planning, Business Administration, or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Be in possession of a relevant Higher Diploma from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- Have at least ten (10) years’ relevant professional work experience, five (5) of which should have been in a Senior position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector, preferably in the Apparel Industry;
- Possess negotiation, writing, and communication, active listening, and critical thinking skills;
- Be a member of IHRM with good standing;
- Possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
Applicants will be required to satisfy all the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and avail clearances from the following institutions:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 27th January 2021 at KICOTEC Offices, Along Syongila Road and addressed to:
Kitui County Textile Centre
(KICOTEC) Board of Directors
P.O Box 72-90200 KITUI
Through the following email address email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
KICOTEC is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.