Position: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER – KCT “03”: ONE POST – V/NO. 5/2020
Organisation: Kitui County Textile Centre (KICOTEC)
Location: Kitui County
Application Deadline: 27th January 2021
Remuneration and Terms of Service
Salary Scale: KES. 85,110 – 119,730 P.M.
House Allowance: KES. 21,000 P.M.
Commuter Allowance: KES. 12,000 P.M.
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Terms of Service: Three (3) years renewable contract
About the Organisation
Kitui County Textile Centre (KICOTEC) is a County Corporation established under the Kitui County Corporation Act, 2019.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for:
- Planning and coordinating Supply Chain Management activities in areas such as procurement, warehousing, distribution, disposal of stores and assets, market survey and research; procurement plans, inventory and stock control;
- Coordinating the collection, collation and analysis of data from the industry players and make appropriate recommendations;
- Managing Supply Chain Management issues emanating from clients and other stakeholders;
- Coordinating stakeholder training on best procurement practices; and (v) Monitoring of the implementation of existing Supply Chain
- Management policies, guidelines and procedures.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
For appointment to this position, a person should:
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement and Contracts Management or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have at least ten (10) years’ relevant professional work experience, five (5) of which should have been in a Senior position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector, preferably in the Apparel Industry;
- Be a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) and in good standing; and
- Possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
Applicants will be required to satisfy all the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and avail clearances from the following institutions:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 27th January 2021 at KICOTEC Offices, Along Syongila Road and addressed to:
Kitui County Textile Centre
(KICOTEC) Board of Directors
P.O Box 72-90200 KITUI
Through the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
KICOTEC is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.