Position: Senior Manager – Digital Financial Services
Application Deadline: 22nd January 2021
Safaricom is pleased to announce the vacancy for Senior Manager – Digital Financial Services within Financial Services. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Head of Department – M-PESA New Business Ventures, the position holder will ensure strategic business arm of M-PESA New Business Ventures that will focus on developing digital financial services with the view of fostering a saving culture, empowering and improving the financial health of M-PESA customers while ensuring M-PESA remains the Strategic Partner of choice for financial services. Digital financial services include and is not limited to insurance and wealth management. This will involve fostering innovation culture and formulation of business strategy, managing relationships with existing partners and developing new partnerships with organizations that scale-up the financial services business.
- Develop and manage the overall digital financial services strategy from planning through to tactical execution.
- To deepen financial services by fostering a saving culture that is accessible, affordable and reliable leveraging on new technologies that are transparent and innovative.
- To develop new Business Models around Financial services that will ensure that Safaricom keeps its strategic focus of financial inclusion.
- Work in partnership with Financial Services institutions including Banks, SACCOs, Insurance, Investments, MFIs, Pension Schemes, and Fund Managers among others to drive financial inclusion.
- Work in partnership with key strategic partners across all business pillars including Payments, Retail, Sector based (e.g. Health and Agriculture) etc. to drive strategic partnerships around different business areas.
- Embrace new-to-world technology and disruptive business models to ensure Safaricom remains Africa market leader in Digital Financial Services.
- Fiscal Market Disruption – Engage with relevant bodies towards participation in the new business regulatory environment.
- Key Project and Strategy execution/delivery in driving overall Financial Services objectives.
- To manage and cultivate strategic partnerships that are key to development and growth of Financial Ensure the company has an effective framework for creating and maintaining strategic business partner relationships.
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of our ongoing efforts to deepen financial inclusion agenda with an eye toward identifying creative initiatives
- Target, prospect, develop and strengthen partnerships with other organizations that enable to scale financial services business
- Responsible for initiating, negotiating terms, and maintaining the comprehensive partnerships and contractual agreement process
- Ensure partners are fulfilling their contractual obligations and that the company is providing the required support for them to do so.
- Maintain consistent communication and builds positive brand partner rapport
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives, lead analysis and develop and communicate final recommendations for growing partner relationships
- Suggest and develop processes and services to improve operational efficiency between the partners
- Engage with key influencers and decision makers across different teams to accomplish the partnership goals.
- Be an expert in customer trends, stay informed of data-driven marketing news, emerging technologies and competitor offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized university.
- Masters degree will be an added advantage
- At least 6 – 8 years’ experience in a large corporate or multinational company, demonstrated progression and at least 3 years’ experience in a Telecommunications company handling partnerships, business development and strategy formulation.
- Experience in management of budgets and forecasts in a large company
- Track record of innovation and development of new products and services
- Must demonstrate strategy execution/delivery
Note to Applicants
As part of our recruitment process, we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate or letter from the University requesting for internship
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly click the button below and follow prompts.
Remember to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for application: 22nd January 2021