Position: Program Officer SGBV
Reporting to: SRH Thematic Coordinator
Application Deadline: 22nd January 2021
- Coordinate and oversee day to day implementation of the study protocol for the Sexual Violence Study
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and annual work plans
- Estimate resources needed to conduct activities as per the budget
- Prepare materials for submission to the ethics committee. Such materials include the study protocol, data tools, consent forms and reports
- Participate in authoring manuscripts for submission to peer reviewed journals and abstracts for conference presentation.
- Assist PI and project staff authoring relevant sections of manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals
- Coordinating interventions on sexual and gender based violence in Mombasa and Kilifi Counties.
- Supervising clinical service providers and paralegals at the ICRHK/Coast General Teaching and Referral
- Hospital Sexual and Gender Based Violence Center.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and reports for submission to donors and other stakeholders
- Oversee routing monitoring and evaluating of the project and make changes/modification to project implementation where appropriate, using an Implementation Research approach, in order to optimize outcomes and generate lessons on best practices
- Conduct program assessment as appropriate to assess the transfer of knowledge and skills given to paralegals, the police, street and religious leaders, chiefs, community volunteers, CBOs and communities
- Develop mobilization and advocacy materials for paralegals, the police, street and religious leaders, chiefs, community volunteers and CBOs
- Coordinate regularly with partners in the SGBV and related marginalized persons networks • Participate in regional local and national networks addressing SGBV
- Organize community dialogues for formation and sensitization on matters related to SGBV
- Represent the organization in sub-national and national fora/committees on SGBV
- Formal Education: University degree in gender studies, international development, social work or other social sciences, community health, international law, human rights or related fields. Degree in Law preferable.
- At least 3 years of experience implementing and coordination of complex interventions and research.
- Knowledge and understanding of sexual and gender-based violence issues
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Exceptional poise and diplomacy in engaging with diverse communities and stakeholders and obtaining buy-in and commitment to support program objectives.
- Ability to lead teams and mentor staff;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
How to Apply
If you meet the stipulated requirements click the Button Below to Apply