Position: Management Accountant
Reports to: Head of Finance Department
Application Deadline: 31st January 2021
Category: Finance and Accounting Jobs
Purpose of the Role:
In charge of a Business unit ensuring all postings are done correctly, in full and on a timely basis. As well as be aware of all financial transactions in relation to the business unit. Also to ensure that the business unit is tax compliant.
- Verify and understand debit & credit entries posted by the accounts clerks.
- Reconcile & ensure that banking for each branch in their unit has been done on a daily basis.
- Reconcile daily sales of each branch with TMS report.
- Check that invoices raised to corporate clients from the courier system have been posted accurately in the accounting package.
- Ensure that the daily branch expenses incurred are as per the control sheet.
- Ensure the bank reconciliations are finalized by 5th of the following month.
- Monitor all Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring completion and adequate record keeping by all key members reporting to the Management accountant.
- Ensure all intercompany accounts are balanced monthly and signed off.
- Ensure all debit /credit postings to the nominal ledgers are accurate.
- Generate cost reports each month analyzing the profitability of the business unit.
- Prepare the file for annual statutory audit.
- Generate monthly management accounts for submission to business unit head & MD by 15th of every month.
- Check the dispatch schedule for trucks with invoices generated.
- Being self-updated with the happenings of the business unit on all financial aspects.
- Ensure that all calculations and assumptions are linked to supporting workings and appropriate sources of information.
- Maintain and enforce credit control across debtors and creditor balances.
CPA or ACCA, an MBA in Finance or Business Administration would be preferred.
Relevant Previous Experience:
5 years of overall experience in accounting with last 3 years or more as a team leader of more than 10 employees.
Preferably in transport and logistics industry. Should have worked on SAP or any ERP.
- Should understand company laws, taxation rules of EA Region , all Statutory requirements-NSSF,NHIF, VAT,WHT, PAYE, Training levy
- Able to review data and report on the same.
- Preparation of budgets
- Aiding in strategic planning
- Manage relationship with Auditors
- Strong understanding of regional tax regulations and audit matters
- Analyze and understand data entry and reconcile control accounts.
- Understanding Cost Control
- Computations and reference of Quick Ratio, Gross profit, Net Profit, EBITDA,
- Strong understanding of regional tax regulations and statutory matters
- Understand numbers and analyze them
- Proficient with MS Office- Word and excel tools
- Updated with latest ERP
- Ability to create and enhance systems / processes
- Punctual, diligent and meticulous with close attention to detail
- Negotiation and PR
- People Management
- Planning & Execution
- Delegation & Control
- Honesty and discretion
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2021 at 5:00 pm