Position: Senior Software Developer
Organisation: I & M Bank Kenya
Reference: REF: SSD/1/2021
Application Deadline: 26th January 2021
Engineers at iCube build products and services that impact the day-to-day lives of our customers and internal teams. Your contributions will ensure that tangible value is continuously delivered to the end users. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the product & design team to ensure timely delivery of great products. He/she will also need to be willing to learn and be passionate about making contributions towards the team’s success.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the reliability, availability, performance and efficiency of I&M Bank’s services.
- Work with peers to plan & prioritize the development and test strategy to ensure high quality and timely delivery of the fixes and tools.
- Partner with various teams across the bank to transform requirements into tools, products, and services.
- Share knowledge across the team and the bank.
- Periodically spend time with the rest of the team outside of work with the intention to strengthen the bonds between the team members
Knowledge, experience & skills:
- Have a strong core understanding of software engineering best practices
- A minimum of 5 years working experience as a senior software developer
- Possess fantastic problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Have an ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Yearn to learn new technology stacks and accept that learning is forever
- Pay close attention to the little details that help make our products that much better
- Enjoy working in a fun and highly collaborative environment
- Docker for containerization
- Kubernetes for container orchestration.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Git for source code control
- RESTful API services.
- SOAP web services for communicating with some external systems
- Experience with relational databases.
- Frontend frameworks i.e. React-JS
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
- Ability to use version control software such as Git
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
- Working knowledge of database systems and SQL
- Knowledge of frontend development frameworks e.g. React, Angular, VueJS
- Understanding of concepts in data structures and algorithms with demonstrated ability to make use of them
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements click the button below to Apply
or forward your application to email@example.com. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 26th January 2021.
Note to Applicants
Please quote the reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.