Position: Senior Territory Officer, Retail
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Assistant Manager, Retail
Application Deadline: 27th January 2021
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Retail the ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the relationship between National Oil and the Dealer at station level, ensuring consistent delivery of National Oil’s customer commitment.
- Ensuring consistent delivery of National Oil’s customer commitment by managing dealer license agreement compliance using all available tools.
To potential Customers
- Identify gaps to Dealer competencies and delivery of customer commitment; coach; support and advice Dealers with the aid of appropriate tools.
- Develop Dealer succession plans within the territory ensuring dealer pipeline is in place through active participation in recruitment and selection process.
- Ensuring that the Dealer trains and develops their staff and understands the importance of people in delivering the customer commitment, sharing and coaching on National Oil’s tools and processes as appropriate.
- Setting Dealer Business Plans to deliver sales and profitability targets represented in monthly targets.
- Review Dealer’s performance and support dealer to develop action plans to close any performance gaps.
- Prospecting for new customers and acquisition of new stations within the sales territory to achieve set targets.
On Safety Matters
- Develop and maintain a strong Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) culture within the territory.
- Deliver agreed SHEQ targets for assigned territory.
- Protect National Oil’s interests by ensuring that all SHEQ standards and procedural compliance are adhered to and stakeholder relationships are managed pro-actively.
- Plan and conduct site visits in accordance with Call Planning Cycle tool
- Implement and give ongoing support of marketing and network initiatives
Position description- Additional comments
- Identify gaps in all aspects of site performance (including service and ‘people’) for territory and mandate, advice or offer Dealers National Oils -recommended tools, processes and support to help them to profitably deliver the Customer Commitment at the Retail site and to develop the business for the mutual benefit of both the Retailer and National Oil.
- Maximizing all sales development potential whilst protecting National Oil’s interests, through the coaching and motivating of Dealers.
- Participate in attraction and selection of the right Dealers.
- Through coaching, supporting and performance management of Dealers to deliver the basics and higher performance, ensure best Dealers have best sites and that poor Retailer performance is eliminated.
- Manage and maintain positive Dealer relationships, supporting Dealers to achieve and maintain top class site performance (including counselling to underperforming sites).
- Deliver Sales & Operations targets for geographical area through regular reviews and appropriate action plans.
- Ensure Retailers implement all aspects of the Dealer License Agreement and ensure compliance with the Site Operations/SHEQ standards, contracts and manuals.
- Manage and maintain a Dealer Master Plan within Territory through Retailer assessment and involvement with recruitment processes.
- Ensuring that Retailers’ actions do not damage National Oil’s reputation.
- Ensuring that the Retailer trains and develops their staff, and understands the importance of people in delivering the customer commitment.
- Any other as may be assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Membership to a relevant professional body from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
At least 5 years relevant work experience in sales and marketing in a large organization; 2 of which must have been a customer-facing role.
• Good relationship building skills;
• Problem solver;
• Good communication skills;
• Good negotiation skills
How to Apply
Applicants should either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send the hard copies of curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates indicating the position being applied for on the envelope and addressed to:
National Oil Corporation
Kawi Complex, South C, Red Cross Road,
Off Popo Road, Behind Boma Hotel
Applications should reach us not later than 1700 hours on Wednesday 27th January 2021.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
National Oil is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity