Job title: Customer Support Analyst II
Work Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 8th February 2021
Purpose Of Position
The candidate is responsible for responding to customer requests by diagnosing and resolving problems and for supporting the ongoing technology needs of all employees by providing Level 2 and 3 help desk support. S/he works with a broad range of infrastructure products and complex client technology services and support area of IT. He/she works on multiple projects concurrently as a team member or as a technical lead.
S/he Candidate responds remotely or onsite to requests for IT support, logging problems, generating trouble tickets, diagnosing and resolving incidents and problems, and if necessary, escalating the problem to the appropriate level of expertise. S/he is responsible for documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines on an ongoing basis to improve customer support processes and practices. .
The role requires an understanding of the foundation architecture, hardware and software used by the organization. S/he demonstrate skill in various custom or packaged hardware and software. S/he have the ability to gather information on issues and have diagnostic capabilities to describe or resolve problems.
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end-users.
- Responds to Level 2 support and works with vendors on Level 3 support.
- Generates activity and status reports.
- Provides the user access service.
- Researches trouble issues, which affect multiple clients.
- Reviews checklists and scripts.
- Works with vendor technical support personnel on solutions for clients.
- Creates, modifies and reviews documentation of issues resolutions.
- Develops and delivers documentation to ensure appropriate end-user support.
- Creates and submits documented resolution to Knowledge Base.
- Updates manuals/guides to incorporate new recommended products.
Client Technology Support:
- Participates in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects, including assisting co-workers and vendor partners.
- Installs and performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Updates configuration management tools.
- Develops and documents procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades.
- Provides on-going support of client technology.
- Participates in integration and user acceptance testing.
- Ensures that all technical resources are available for meetings that include video conferencing.
- Customer satisfaction achieved for video conferencing services.
- Engages the hardware vendors on issues to remedy issues or escalates for support.
- Monitors and communicates system status.
- Diagnoses and resolves client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Assists systems, programming and vendor professionals as needed to resolve problems.
- Coordinates the resolution of escalated application, hardware and software problems.
- Adheres to the integrity of controls, regulations and guidelines.
- Reviews operation processes to ensure consistent approval and compliance.
- Makes recommendations and changes as appropriate.
- Maintains IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Tracks performance metrics.
- Reviews tracking log to identify recurring problems, or problems affecting a large number of clients.
- Develops procedures and controls for service improvements.
- Recommends solutions to common problems and updates frequently asked questions documentation.
- Trains co-workers on new or existing functionality or services.
- Identifies customer-training needs based on common problems.
- High level of customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Alerts team members about recurring problems.
- Communicates technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Special assignments as appropriate to the role
- Attend, participate in, and lead devotions/chapel as scheduled or convened.
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, World Vision reserves the rights to add, remove, or alter duties when business needs dictates.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Technical Certification in one or more IT related disciplines or technology e.g. ITIL.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills.
- Typically requires 3-5 years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with all staff.
- Ability to relate technical issue to a largely non-technical audience.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good customer service skills and experience.
- Able to work under tight deadline and cope with pressure.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above, click the Button below to start the application process