Job Title: Program Development Unit Manager
Work Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 27th January 2021
The PDU Manager will lead in the development of quality programming, spearheading the design, documentation, monitoring and evaluation of project/program interventions for both rehabilitative/development and emergency programming. He/she will provide strategic direction in the development of proposals and programs, spearheading scoping exercises in pursuit of new opportunities. The position holder will serve as a key focal point with internal and external stakeholders about grant acquisition, ensuring projects and programs are adequately resourced to achieve the National Office Strategy. He/ She will also oversee the partnership engagement function to build strategic partnerships with various actors such as LNGOs, INGOs and government.
The position-holder will mentor a team of Program Officers, providing guidance in the design of proposals, provision of timely/quality reporting and positioning with donors/supporters with the aim of enhancing the reputation of the organization.
The position will coordinate engagement with UN cluster, World Vision and government forums, promoting regular attendance, coordination, information-sharing, and promoting World Vision leadership when possible. He or she will promote the development of prepositioning and marketing materials to promote fund-raising.
- Strengthened External Engagement for Improved Child Well-being Outcome.
- Improved Business Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Improved System For Donor Engagement & Resource Acquisition & Management.
- Develop & Implement Appropriate People Capabilities System.
- Degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Development Management or Degree in any relevant Social Sciences with experience in Program Development.
- At least 5 years’ experience in program design, monitoring and evaluation in a complex humanitarian context in a diversity of context and locations within Africa or internationally.
- Previous management experience of multi-cultural teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience in writing proposals, project documentation, reporting, program information for donors and the World Vision/partnership.
- Familiarity with institutional grant compliance and procedures (BHA, EU, GAC, DFAT etc.)
- Capacity to provide solid leadership and decision-making skills for efficient and effective program implementation.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organizations and NGOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Knowledge of humanitarian industry including sphere standards, HAP, NGO code of conduct and humanitarian charter
- Experience in staff security and safety management for humanitarian organizations in complex and insecure environments is a must.
- Very strong organizational, management and communication skills
- Strong writer with computer proficiency.
The position will be based in the East African Regional Office in Nairobi with frequent travels to countries experiencing active conflict in the region.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks, which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above, click the Button below to start the application process