Position: Project and Research Coordinator
Application Deadline: 29th January 2021
Location: Ruiru, Kenya
Electric pressure cookers (EPCs) have the potential to revolutionize clean cooking in Kenya, and around the globe. Electric pressure cookers consist of a sealed pot, with a lot of steam inside, that builds up high pressure which allows food to cook much faster. EPC’s present a unique opportunity to lower the cost and reduce the time of cooking of most Kenyan meals. BURN has been doing research on how the EPC fit into Kenyan households for over a year and is developing a customized unit for East Africa.
The Project and Research Coordinator will:
- Work on the rollout of the EPC pilot in Uganda in cooperation and support of Kampala-based partners and their team.
- Operate as the link between BURN and local partner; report on progress, budget and challenges throughout the project.
- Drive the research effort of the pilot to ensure quality in data collection and analysis.
- Coordinate team members, partner organization, procurements, schedules and tasks to deliver results for project milestones.
- Work together with the project controller to keep the budget tracking updated.
- Make sure that the project is well structured, and communication is efficient and effective.
- Manage the day-to-day project needs – organizing transport and logistics, tracking expenses and invoices while updating timelines.
- Coordinate regular project meetings, develop agendas, and send meeting minutes.
- Assist with hiring and onboarding new team members.
- Work with market research to design and execute pilots to answer key product questions, collect user feedback, and measure product impact.
- Proactively identify major project risks and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Supervising data collection according to best practice to ensure data quality and integrity
- Analyse and clean data to produce compelling and effective presentations providing insights on key pilot research questions.
- 1+ years of experience in project management/coordination.
- Master’s degree in economics, Project Management, Business or other relevant degree with significant training in quantitative research methods and statistics.
- Good skills in Stata and/or R for data processing and analysis.
- Be able to adapt to a highly variable environment, change scope and focus with ease.
- Thrive in a fast-paced creative environment with a culture of experimentation yet value the need to organize and plan.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Excellent narrative writer.
- Excellent communication skills – unafraid to speak up or take issues head on.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Experience with field work in East Africa
- Experience coordinating surveys or field research
- Experience in team management
- Good management skills
- Strong interest for technical innovation
- Good problem-solving skills
- Result oriented
- Mature opinion forming
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Customer and service orientation
- Excellent team player
- Good multitasking skills
- Willingness to travel in the field
- Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above and you would like to join the Burn Manufacturing Team, Click the Button below to start the application Process.